Are you struggling to lose weight? Incorporate these tips in your daily routine. Start with one tip and once you established this one incorporate another one. Start with adding a glass of lemon water first thing in the morning. It’s easy to do – best if you put out the glass and lemon in the evening – and it sets a good intention for the day.
1. Start the day with a glass of warm lemon water.
2. Have a good, sit down breakfast, lunch and dinner.
3. Drink only water (aim for 64oz/day) or herbal tea during the day. Cup of coffee in the morning is fine.
4. If you drink alcohol do so moderately and preferably only on the weekend.
5. Get 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
6. Avoid a diet with too much red meat, processed food, sweets and desserts.
7. Fill up on veggies/salad with each meal.
8. Attain at least 150 minutes of aerobic exercise each week. You can break it down in walking 5 x a week for 30 minutes or any way that fits best in your life-style.
9. Include muscle strengthening exercises for each major muscle group 2 to 3 days a week. I recommend 2-4 sets of each exercise.
10. Increase your movement throughout the day, like taking the stairs or parking the car further away.