The Ultimate Summer Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peaches, Feta Cheese and Pumpkin Seeds. It’s so good!! We had it last weekend and I have to share it. Here the recipe from thekitchn.com:
The Ultimate Summer Salad
Serves 4 as a main, 6 as a side
Prep time 30 minutes
- 2 large limes, divided
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 1/4 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided, plus more to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup packed finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus whole leaves and tender stems for serving
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium head butter lettuce (about 1 pound), such as Boston or BIbb
- 2 Persian cucumbers, or 1 medium English cucumber
- 6 ounces multi-colored cherry tomatoes (about 1 cup)
- 2 large ripe peaches
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Finely grate the zest of 1 large lime. Add 1 teaspoon to a small bowl and reserve the remaining for topping the salad. Juice 1 tablespoon lime juice into the bowl. Thinly slice 1/2 small red onion (1/2 cup) and add to the bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon of the granulated sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the kosher salt. Toss to coat the onions and set aside to pickle while you prep the rest of the salad, at least 15 minutes, tossing the onions once or twice to coat in the lime juice.
- Prep the following, adding them to a small bowl or jar as you go: Juice the remaining 1 1/2 limes until you have 1/4 cup. Finely chop 1 garlic clove. Finely chop until you have 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves. Add 1/4 cup olive oil, the remaining 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Shake or whisk to combine.
- Prep the following, adding them to a large salad bowl as you go: Tear 1 head butter lettuce leaves into bite-sized pieces (about 10 packed cups). Thinly slice 2 Persian cucumbers, or halve 1 English cucumber lengthwise, then thinly slice. Halve 6 ounces cherry tomatoes (about 1 cup). Halve and pit 2 peaches, then cut into 1/2-inch thick slices. Crumble in 4 ounces feta cheese (about 1 cup).
- Top the salad with 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, the pickled onion (discarding any liquid), reserved lime zest, and a handful of torn cilantro leaves and tender stems. Season with kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper. Drizzle half the dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat. Top with the remaining dressing.