Kick-off crock pot season early with this turkey chili recipe. It’s loaded with beans, veggies, and lean turkey. It’s the perfect meal for game day, a cold day, or any day! And the best part? The crockpot does most of the work. It’s such an easy and delicious recipe!
Here the recipe:
Turkey chili from twopeasandtheirpods:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded, stemmed, and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 30 ounces tomato sauce
- 30 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 30 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 30 ounces canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounce jar deli-sliced tamed jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: green onions, shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream/Greek yogurt
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until brown. Pour turkey into slow cooker.
- Add the onion, peppers, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, jalapeños, corn, chili powder, and cumin. Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Serve with toppings, if desired.