Prepping with Pascale! ?
It’s pumpkin season again, but before digging into the pumpkin spiced muffins with a side of pumpkin latte, try out the real deal.
Celebrating the season, this week, I’m sharing a Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Chili, and it doesn’t disappoint; it got the delightful taste of fall and is low calories too. I’ve complimented it with brown rice, cauliflower rice, and sweet potatoes to mix things up a bit.
Pumpkin Chicken Chili
Prep time: 10 minutes
Slow cooker: 6 hours
– 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
– 1 cup onion finely chopped
– 2.5 cups red or orange peppers chopped in small pieces
– 1 cup peas
– 1 cup pumpkin puree
– 1.5 teaspoon chili powder
– 2 teaspoons paprika
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon pepper
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup chicken stock
– Chop onions and peppers.
– Lay chicken breasts on the bottom of your crockpot.
– Cover chicken with pumpkin puree, onions/peppers/peas and spices.
– Add broth, cover and cook on low for 6 hours
– After 6 hours, shred chicken breasts. You can shred them right in the crockpot with two forks or remove from the pan and pull apart on a cutting board. The chicken will be tender enough that it falls apart. Stir the chicken in with the other ingredients.