Ever eat protein bars as a quick snack on the go?
They sound healthy but make sure you’re paying attention to how much sugar they have. Like many candy bars, they might contain as much as 30 grams of sugar (more than six teaspoons). It depends on the brands, but if it sounds too sweet – think twice.
I prefer to make my protein snack. It’s easy, I know the ingredients, and it saves $ too.
I love this recipe from @lindsaypleskot
– Juice and zest of 1 lemon
– 1 cup pitted dates
– 1 cup almonds
– 1 cup unsweetened coconut + more to roll the balls in
– 1 cup oats
1. Place everything in a food processor in the order listed.
2. Pulse and blend to a thick paste-like consistency. Add a bit of warm water, 1 Tbsp at a time if needed.
3. Roll into evenly sized balls and roll in additional coconut if needed.