The Instant Pot is my favorite new kitchen tool. It is so easy to use, and I can cook a tasty and healthy meal in one pot.
This week, I thought it would be great to try this stuffed pepper recipe created by Catalina Castravet. It’s delightful!
Putting my twist on it, I chose ground turkey instead of beef and still had rice leftovers from another meal – which cut down the prep time significantly. The picture here is before I cooked it (the after pic didn’t come out so well).
Best Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers
– Five medium or four large bell peppers
– 1 lb ground beef (chicken or turkey
– 1 – 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
– One small sweet onion (diced)
– One small tomato (diced)
– One tablespoon minced garlic
– One tablespoon tomato paste
– One teaspoon paprika
– One teaspoon oregano
– One teaspoon Italian seasoning
– 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more based on preference)
– 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– One tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– One tablespoon breadcrumbs
– Two tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
– 1 cup of water
Eight tablespoons marinara sauce
Eight tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
Fresh parsley (chopped)
Wash the peppers, cut off their tops and remove the seeds.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients starting with the ground meat – up to the chopped parsley. Stir well to combine fully.
Stuff the prepared peppers equally with the mixture.
Add a trivet with handles to the IP or a steamer basket.
Add 1 cup of water and arrange the peppers onto the trivet.
Close the lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes + 5 minutes Natural Release. Turn off the heat. Release the remaining pressure manually.
Take out the peppers and top them with marinara sauce and cheese. Put under a broiler for 5 min.