WORKOUT MOTIVATION! What are your fitness goals for the new year? One of them should be starting a strength training routine. Weight training programs, especially for women over 40, are very effective in preserving muscle mass, preventing sarcopenia and the decline of metabolic rate. You are never too old to start and the benefits are both physical and psychological:
– Reduced risk of adult-onset diabetes
– Lower blood pressure
– Decreased arthritis pain
– Maintenance of or improvement in lower back health
– Increased functional independence
– Improved gait velocity
– Decreased depressive symptoms
– Increased self-efficacy
– Increased overall physical activity level
– Improved static and dynamic balance.
Make your health a priority in 2019.