Get stronger and healthier in 2018 by following these 5 tips:
1. If the food is white, it’s probably not right. Avoid processed white carbohydrates such as white bread, bagels, rice, pasta and pizza. Replace with whole-grain products, brown rice – or try pasta made from quinoa or brown rice.
2. Don’t drink fruit when you can eat fruit. Fruit in its natural form is healhtiest. It is filled with fiber and antioxidants with their inherent benefits. When fruit is liquefied, it loses much of the fiber and increases the concentrated sugar load on the body. An apple a day will keep the doctor away, but a glass of apple juice might not.
3. Sitting is the new smoking. Increase your daily physical activity by moving more each day. Aim for at least 30 min a day – no ifs, and or buts.
4. Don’t skimp on sleep. Aim for seven to eight hours a day. This will allow you to function at your best and prevent many illnesses that are associated with sleep deprevation.
5. Maintain a gratitude attitude every day. Looking at life with a positive attitude can help to deal better with everyday challenges. Remind yourself that from challenges, come opportunites.